Thursday, September 20, 2012

Willow's Coming Home Daygown and Bonnet


Willow Gray

Here's sweet little Willow getting ready to come home from the hospital.  She looks like a little china doll.  She's wearing a daygown and bonnet made by Grandma.  In my usual form, I waited till the last minute (I put the "PRO" in procrastination) to make this outfit, so there's no hand embroidery. I made a simple white receiving blanket but it got left at home.

I used Jeannie's daygown pattern "Priscilla's Layette".  It's a very easy pattern and quick to sew, due to the raglan sleeves.  The one thing that does take time of course is gathering and hand sewing on all that lace. It's no secret that I am not too fond of hand sewing.  I didn't follow a pattern to make the bonnet.  It is lined with flannel.  I used lace insertion and beading, along with white satin ribbons and some (machine) featherstitching on the bonnet.

For the slip, which is white, I embroidered a flower and ribbon wreath (free embroidery pattern from Martha Pullen's website) in white with Willow's monogram in a delicate font in pink in the center. 

The fabric and laces were given to me by Dana.  While some people wouldn't think of blue for a newborn baby girl, blue is my favorite color and since Journey had a pink dress, Willow needed something completely different. 

1 comment: