Sunday, September 23, 2012

Happy Fall Y'all!


I decorated for Fall a couple of weeks ago.  There was a "cold front" that blew in that inspired me.  It dropped the temps below 100 deg.... While it may officially be fall, it still feels like summer here.

I wanted a fall wreath for my front door and after looking at the prices of ready made wreaths, I decided I could make one for less than the $75 or so price tags I was seeing.  I'd never made a wreath before so I watched some videos on YouTube.  It was ridiculously simple, but it seemed like a daunting task at the outset.  I set up a work table in the garage and was glad I did cause it was pretty messy.

Burlap and Owls are really hot right now, and I think they look cute in my wreath.  The Owl came from Hobby Lobby and was half off.  The "welcome" sign is actually part of the owl.  The burlap ribbon was from Michael's.  It wasn't on sale, but was only $5.99 and I only used part of the roll.  Everything else came from JoAnn's.  The berry picks, acorn picks and sunflowers were about $1.20 each. The grapevine wreath which I used as the base was left over from Willow's newborn photo session, so there was no cost there.

I started by attaching the burlap ribbon.  I used florists wire to attach it to the grapevine wreath, creating "poufs".  Next came the owl.  Then I started adding in the picks here and there, using hot glue, and then the sunflowers.  Finally I added a burlap bow. 



1 comment:

  1. That's really cute! You sure seem to be getting a lot done, lately. Fall has hit us up here in Ohio - it's cold (50s) and rainy. I finally had to turn on my furnace - I was blowing on my hands and sitting on them to warm them up enough to knit! I figured it was time. The leaves aren't changing yet, but it will be soon. Happy Fall and keep crafting! Kathy

    ReplyDelete