Friday, November 28, 2008

The Blue Bathroom

The "Blue Bathroom" opens off of the screened back porch. It's really convenient. This is the same color blue that I used in the guest room and bathroom in town. That blue is so relaxing. In this first pic, you see the door on the right - that's the laundry closet. The washer and dryer are in there and we installed shelving in there so everything is well organized. I wanted this bathroom to have a victorian feel to it. This is the only room where the fixtures aren't oil-rubbed bronze - they're chrome with white porcelain.
We're not done with this room yet - we still have to paint the doors (you can see the blue tape) and touch up the tub - it got scratched during installation. We haven't cleaned the windows (more work than it sounds, what with the labels stuck on and the sheetrock mud sprayed on and whatnot). Also we haven't installed a mirror, towel racks, etc.
Here's a close-up pic of the clawfoot tub. I bought it in Warrenton for about $200. It is in excellent shape. I bought it before we even sold the house in town - it sat in the warehouse for about 2 years. I cleaned it up and painted the outside the same blue as the walls. The feet are painted white. While cleaning it I found the date stamp on the bottom and it was made in 1923. Hard to believe it's been around that long. The faucet and drains, etc. cost more than double the price of the tub. And that was the cheapest I could find. I love it though - it is completely modern but looks old fashioned. It has an "English Telephone" style hand shower. I also got the soap/sponge holder that hooks over the side of the tub.

No comments:

Post a Comment