Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Tradition of Christmas Pajamas

Every year when my kids were little they used to beg to open a present before Christmas. Every Christmas Eve I let them open one present - one that I picked out. Of course it was always pajamas - the ones I got to take their pictures in the next morning. So this year, I had a cute Christmas nightgown that I was going to let Rylan open on Christmas Eve.

She had told me that she sat next to a soldier on the plane who told her if she had been a good girl she would get all the presents she asked Santa Claus for but if she had been bad all she would get was clothes and underwear.... I was hoping she had forgotten that when she opened that present!


She was so excited that she got to open one of her Christmas Presents!






She gleefully ripped the paper!






You can see how excited she is until....









She realizes it is CLOTHES!




Her Mommy explained the tradition but she was not amused until she found an extra surprise inside - chocolate gelt.



Here she is in her nightgown and Santa hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment