Saturday, February 4, 2017

Shaker Gift Card

My First Shaker Card!
I've always had an interest in doing more paper crafts, but just didn't have the room to spread out.  I even bought a Cricut and accessories a few years ago, but never had the room to keep it out and accessible, and therefore I didn't get much use out of it so I finally sold it.

Now that I have moved all my sewing and crafts out to the "Little House", I have room to spread out, which means that I can now work on paper crafting.  

I've been watching some YouTube videos on card making and stumbled upon NurseTara04's videos.  She has a lot of really good tutorials on papercrafting.  I loved the idea of a "shaker card" - where you have sequins, glitter, or other small free-floating items encased behind acetate or other clear medium.

NurseTara04 took this a step further with Shaker Swag Bags.  I used her tutorial to create some gift card holders for Christmas.  I started with a small kraft paper bag and folded and embellished it.  The bag opening is the place where you can add a gift card or other small "swag" items.  

I added sequins, silver disks, pearls and seed beads to the shaker window then embellished the front with silver glitter washi tape and snowflakes. I made an insert to hold cash for this card out of cardstock, washi tape and a large snowflake.  Everything but the paper and acetate came from Dollar Tree.



No comments:

Post a Comment